Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Fire Department and station pride

Over the past several months my posts have varied greatly from post to post. I have been thinking about what people like to see and read. The truth is that I have no idea what people want so, I am just trying to put out as much information as possible.

Departmental and station pride has been an issue for several departments. My FD has had several issues with the guys making signs, patches, shirts, hats, and other stuff in reference to their stations. The FD says that none of this is acceptable and tries to crush the efforts. Our stance is that this makes the brotherhood and station happiness grow, but the department says this causes too much arguing and thereby disrupts the operations of the department.

Other departments promote the ideas of station identity and pride. FDNY for example has a logo or mascot for each house (and most units). I found a website that has pictures of each emblem or logo, you can see it here

Other FDs out there do the same thing and each specialized team has its own logo. Our patch is our patch regardless of Haz Mat, technical rescue team, fire marshall's office, inspections, or whatever.

While researching this post I found a blog about LAFD with breaking news and interesting articles. I suggest everyone check it out here and enjoy expanding your knowledge of the various departments and the history of the fire service.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home